The department of Head and Neck surgery at Patel Hospital was established in 2006. At present , it is staffed by two full-time consultants, two head & neck Surgery fellows, medical officers, research assistants, dedicated OT technicians and nursing personnel . The department performs over 1800 surgical procedures a year incorporating the entire spectrum of head and neck endoscopic skull base surgery. Our faculty has submitted 25 abstracts and made 90 invited and preferred presentations at major national and international conference since July 2010.
- Advanced surgery CO2 laser surgery for head and neck cancer with Opmi Vario Zeiss Microscope and Lumenis Ultrapulse CO2 laser.
- Reconstructive surgery of the head and neck including facial plastic surgery and free/pedicled flaps.
- Diagnostic flexible fiberoptic endoscopies in dedicated Olympus endoscopy suite.
- Dedicated head and neck operating rooms with Lumenis Ultrapulse CO2 laser, Opmi Varipo Zeiss microscope, Synthes and Stryker systems, Erbe and Covidien electrocautery systems, Harmonic scalpel, Storz videoendoscopic equipment.
- Maxillofacial trauma surgery.
- Micro-otologic surgery with Stryker microdrill
- Functional endoscopic Sinus surgery with Storz cameras , Stryker microdebrider and Storz instruments.
- OPD equipped with flexible scope and microscope for diagnostic purposes.
- First laryngectomee club in North- West India (Est. April 2013)
- First center in the region to perform free flaps routinely for head & neck reconstruction.
- First Indian hospital to utilize Provox Vega (State of the Art Voice prosthesis )is as standard.
- Regular faculty participation at surgical workshops, national & international conferences, including 25 abstracts & 90 presentations since July 2010.
- Head & Neck surgery fellowship est. Feb 2014.
- 12 Free cancer screening /OPD camps
- 3 International Head & Neck Symposia with over 1000 delegates
- Most advanced laser (Lumenis Ultrapulse)- microscope (Zeiss Opmi Vario) Combination in India.
- Dedicated Modular Operation Theaters & Head/ Neck Surgery Ward.
- Ambulatory endoscopy suite for surveillance & sleep endoscopies.
- Modular OPD complex incorporting fiberoptic scope exams/vodeofluoroscopy, microscopy & audiometry.
- Infrastructive Inputs from over 15 multinational companies including storz, olympus, covidien, Erbe, synthes, Stryker, Zeiss, Mindray, GE/Datex Ohmeda, Philips, Drager, Lumenis, Siemens, among others.
- Multidisciplinary tumor board & adherence to guidelines in treatment planning.