The Department of Orthopedics at Patel Hospital was established in 2003. At present, it is staffed by one full time consultant medical officers, dedicated OT technicians and nursing personnel. The Department of Orthopedics is fully equipped to do all kinds of fracture surgery, spine surgery, knee and hip joint replacement & all kinds of bone cancer surgery including limb salvage surgery. The department has many invited and proferred presentations at major national & international conferences
- Limb salvage surgery using custom made/ modular mega prosthesis for upper & lower limb tumors.
- All kinds of pelvic resection and reconstruction in tumors of pelvis
- Spine- corpectomy and use of titanium cages All kinds of anterior & posterior spine implantation in cervical, dorsal & lumbar region
- Complete fracture care using AO Pneumatic system and Image Intensifier
- Knee/ Hip/Shoulder joint replacement surgery. Separate transplant unit with dedicated and disciplined staff for committed care.
- Dedicated physiotherapy unit having paraffin wax, Short wave therapy, Ultrasound therapy, Electrocurrent therapy, faradic & galvanic current, Trans cutaneous Electrical Nerve stimulation, Interferential therapy, Continuous Passive Mobilizer, Intermittent & staticelectric traction.
- First center in the region to perform limb salvage surgery in malignant tumors of limbs
- Regular participation in Orthopedic Workshops, National & International Conferences
- Dr. R.R.Saggar is president elect of Punjab Orthopaedic Association (2015-2016).
- At present, Dr. R.R.Saggar is Co- Chairman of Oncology Section of Indian Orthopedic Association.
- Dr. R.R.Saggar is also Registered reviewer for Oncology section of Indian Journal of Orthopedics
- The department has organized many State Chapter, Mid term Meetings as well as CME’s in Jalandhar Since 2011
- Dedicated modular operation theaters equipped with all kinds of Orthopedics Instrumentation .
- Separate transplant unit where barrier nursing and dedicated staff is available for patient care.
- Multidisciplinary tumor board with active involvement of Radiology, Pathology , Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine & Chemotherapy departments.