The department of Radiation oncology at Patel Hospital was established in 2005 and is presently staffed by two full time Consultants,two Physicists, Radiation safety officer, five technicians, nursing personnel & reception staff.
1. Varian True Beam
2. Siemens Linear accelerator (PRIMUS – 6 MV photons & Electrons)
3. Nucleotron Brachytherapy units is used to deliver internal Radiotherapy
- Rapid Arc
- Pain Clinic
- Multidisciplinary tumor Board
- Advanced imaging & diagnostics including PET-CT and MRI scans
- Department was started in March 2005
- Hosted NZ AROI in 2006
- Regular faculty Participation at various oncology workshops , National and International conferences
- Treated more than 9000 patients since inception
- Free Cancer screening OPDs / camps at regular intervals.